Approximately 490 Million people today use YouTube.com on a monthly basis to search for relevant information, such as finding a business in a local market. But many people don’t know the history of online video and who else is playing in the sand box.
5 Quick YouTube Facts you should know (from Mashable):
- Did you know that Paypal has a lot to do with Youtube? The founders of Paypal started YouTube after Paypal got acquired by eBay.
- YouTube’s first vision was a dating site.
- UTube.com was strongly affected by overwhelming site visits from surfers typing the name phonetically.
- Elephants and their trunk size – First video published on YouTube
- “As of February 2011, YouTube has 490 million unique users worldwide per month, who rack up an estimated 92 billion page views each month. We spend around 2.9 billion hours on YouTube in a month — over 325,000 years. And those stats are just for the main YouTube website — they don’t incorporate embedded videos or video watched on mobile devices.” Says Amy-Mae Elliott from Mashable.
So as a business, it is crucial that you understand the lead generation impact videos have on your business. But you also have to know that although YouTube is by far the leader, it is not the only player in town. You have sites such as Vimeo and Viddler that have some powerful pull in the cyber world.
Take a look at this video:
Now, one of my favourites is www.howcast.com for the simple reason of consistency and simplicity. Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how.
Just as an example, take a look at the set-up of this video to demonstrate ”How To Get Traffic To Your Website”:
There is also a simple way to get a video done and distributed to major distribution sites and that’s through a Top Marketing Leader!